New year, same us! The Electronic Wireless Show podcast returns and kicks off the new year with a look forward at what 2024 may bring. We chat about our most anticipated video games that may or may not be arriving this year, including some racing, some spac(marine)ing and some book selling. Also some freezing and some despairing (at BioWare and Bloodlines 2, potentially). Plus: Nate and James have an anecdote off, which makes me lose my mind and become a horrible person for about four solid minutes. I have apologised, and me and James are still friends.
You can listen above, or on on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, or Pocket Casts. You can find the RSS feed here, and you can discuss the episode on our Discord channel, which has a dedicated room for podcast chat.
Music is by Jack de Quidt.
We record on a Wednesday so some things might be different by the time you listen.
- Hooray, more layoffs! Best of luck to the folks affected at Versus Evil and Unity.
- James is looking forwards to a lot of games, including Resistor, Tribes 3: Rivals, Space Marine 2, Little Kitty Big City, and Horizon Forbidden West coming to PC.
- Nate is excited for new dinosaur games, specifically Jurassic Park: Survival. There’s also Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor, and I make him aware of Frostpunk 2.
- As for me? We’re talking puzzle games! The Mermaid’s Tongue, An English Haunting, Tiny Bookshop, and the heartache of Bloodlines 2 and Dragon Age Dreadwolf.
- For more games to look forwards to there’s this whole list over here.